Preparing healthy meals when you have a busy lifestyle in New York City is not an easy feat. You may end up ordering too often from Seamless, eating the same meals every week or just relying exclusively on Kettlebell Kitchen. This past winter we hosted a Nutrition Challenge led by Coach Melody in partnership with Kettlebell Kitchen and Inside Tracker and two of our esteemed members won the challenge! Between showing up for classes each week and sticking to a paleo lifestyle, Anna Simonds and Eric Woodring demonstrated the most improvement…congratulations from your Brick family!! Anna shared two of the simple recipes she used during the challenge. Enjoy 🙂
Soft boiled eggs with salad, coconut yogurt and collagen coffee
1. To soft boil eggs, place eggs in a pot of cold water. Bring the water to a boil. Once the water is boiling set a timer for six minutes. When six minutes is up plunge the eggs into a bowl of ice water until fully cooled. This will stop the cooking.
2. The yogurt is a local brand made in Brooklyn called Anita’s coconut yogurt. It is a fantastic source of healthy fats and probiotics.
3. In the coffee I used to scoops vital proteins collagen which dissolves immediately and a hot liquid and has no taste. And has 18 g of nondairy protein and it’s good for your hair skin nails and gut. I mixed it with some nutpods coffee creamer for a latte like taste.
Perfect Seared Salmon with Tomato Salad and Cauliflower Rice
1. I use Sizzlefish salmon, which comes in pre-portioned 4oz packages and is wild caught. Heat a skillet over high. Once the skillet is hot, add one TBSP coconut oil or ghee. Season both sides of Salmon with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium. Place salmon skin side down in the skillet and cook for three minutes. Flip the salmon and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest.
2. Add one TBSP ghee to the skillet. Add your chopped onion and allow to caramelize, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Then, add cauliflower rice, 1tsp salt and pepper to the skillet. Cook until cauliflower is soft about 5 minutes and add parsley to top.
3. For the tomato salad…slice cherry tomatoes. Top with 1tsp salt and pepper. Top with 1 TBSP red wine vinegar and olive oil.